Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Something in the mail...


Yes, it starts young these days. Drew has received his first "large envelope" from a school admissions director. He will be joining the pre-Kindergarten class at St. Peter's School this Fall, and we couldn't be more pleased. I know it sounds surreal, but for a bunch of 3 year olds and their families, this was a competitive process. (We could have applied more easily last year for the first enrollment class--nursery school-- but we couldn't handle the thought of him in school 5 days/week as a 3 year old.) The one open spot this year went to Drew who apparently wowed them with his "maturity, glowing teacher recommendations and successful interview" (a.k.a. 45 minute interview-- without parents). We are very proud of him! We really feel like this is the school that fits who Drew really is.

We're embarassed to say how much we liked the school each of the 3 times we visited this past year or two. I can't do it justice, but you can read a few lines from the headmaster, here.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! We're so thrilled for all of you! I can see Drew wowing me with his maturity as well and I wish I could be there to see him more often. Can't wait to watch him grow and I'm so happy that he can be somewhere he can love.

FYI: there are some great schools out here in Montana too...just in case you ever wanted to try life on this side of the Rockies.

Anonymous said...

Because Michael didn't get selected...I think I'd be upset if anyone but Drew got selected instead. But because it was him and he is SO deserving, I'm so happy for you guys and HIM! Maybe we'll join you guys for Kindergarten? We'll see! xoxoxo

The Moser Family said...

Amy,
I am totally enjoying your music playlist. Although, I'm not convinced they are ALL Drew's favorites. :)
Didn't know where to post a comment on it, so this will have to do.
Enjoying your blog - keep it up!
Lise