We've been happy to bounce back and forth between Philadelphia and various beaches this summer, but as a result, our house is starting to look like an open suitcase. In my defense, we're dealing with items (like matching large & small life jackets?) that I'm pretty sure never had to fit in colonial closets way back when. On the drive up to Maine last week, the backseat was treated to a showing of Mary Poppins (in-flight entertainment was required to get through Massachusetts) and now that we're back in Philadelphia, this is what I hear from Drew as he was leaving for camp this morning:
"Mama, by the time I get home today I want everything to look shipshape and not all over the place like this." Hey, I couldn't agree more.
It was all very matter of fact, and not said as an order, merely a strong suggestion that life and the house return to normal, along with a hopeful hint that he had guessed correctly that that was my job. Normally I would ask him to assist me, since those were not my action figures or board books lying around, but today I took the extra 45 seconds I didn't have before leaving for work to clean the playroom and it did indeed look better. I'm resolving to care about our home's aesthetics once Fall arrives and we actually have to live here all the time! Yikes.

1 comment:
I think that the Fall is going to have us all spit-spotting around!
Post a Comment