Some people have wanderlust. Me? I'm a typical Cancer, who loves to travel on vacation, but is never happier than when I'm working on feathering my nest back home.This week, Drew, David and I are losing some close friends to the state of Montana! I know, Montana. It's where they've chosen to start a Presbyterian church, since that state apparently has only 1 or 2 others, if any. I've worked with Rachel for years, and our work relationship grew into a genuine friendship, and then grew into a couple friendship including husbands, and then grew into a friendship between our 2 year-old sons. We seriously hit the jackpot!
I'm going to miss Rachel at work the most. Back in the Spring during the Oscars, I forwarded a quiz around the office called "Which Oscar Winner Are You?" (it's cute, play it here: http://www.oscar.com/games/knowyouroscarhistory/index.html) and the results weren't pretty. I took it twice. The first time my result was Jodie Foster's character Clarice Starling in Silence of the Lambs, and the second time I was Annie Hall, both of which I could understand. Everyone else in our office came up as either Annie Wilkes from Misery(!!) or Jack Nicholson from One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest!! Rachel, on the other hand, was Mary Poppins. That pretty much sums it up.So, readers in California, Colorado, and yes, Montana...David and I will be boarding many airplanes to visit you in the coming years! Thanks to you all for broadening our horizons.

1 comment:
Its true - the Sutherlands are leaving. Its also true that we will miss them deeply. One rarely has an opportunity to meet truly good people, much less spend time with them or befriend them. We have been lucky to have Rachel, Ryan and Bridger in our city, but now we will have to be content to have them in our lives. My good thoughts will be with them on their trip out West and in their efforts to raise money for church planting - a cause to which they are both sincerely dedicated. I wish them the best and look forward to visiting South Dakota soon (and Montana later).
P.S. Don't forget to reserve a Summer job for Drew when he gets to the restless years and needs to find himself or run his car into a ditch.
Post a Comment