Tuesday, October 24, 2006

And now some expansion to report...



...literally! David & I told Drew that he is going to be a big brother this week while showing him our first ultrasound picture. He took the news very well and seemed simultaneously thoughtful and happy about it. He carefully repeated to David, "Dada, do you see this circle? Inside there's an itty bitty baby!" Drew gently kisses my stomach goodnight now, and announces to random strangers that he is going to be a big brother. That kind of love is helping me prevail through some queasy times these days, and we are looking forward to the new arrival in May of '07, if we can hold out that long. We know how lucky we are, and hopefully even if baby #2 is as early as Drew, the excellent outcomes will continue!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a Sutherland Monthly email from Rachel and Ryan and checked it out. So, afterwards, I thought, "Ahhh..I'll check Amy's blog and see if she added any pictures." And.........why, yes! YOU DID! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It's all on the hush-hush until further notice (work-wise)....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Julie

Anonymous said...

HAPPY DAYS AHEAD!
BEST WISHES FOR ALL!
Love,
Martha

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!!! We are so excited and waiting for the newest resident of the Alley. Love Cyndi & Beth

The Moser Family said...

I literally took in a big breath of excitement when I scrolled down and saw a special kind of black and white photo. Many congratulations to you and Dave. I hope you find ways to sustain during these first few months. We'll keep you in our prayers!
... wow. wonderful. so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

While scanning my favorite places I decided to check out your blogspot. And came upon some wonderful news.
Congratulations!!!
Looking forward to seeing Drew and your new addition when we return from Florida.
Love,
Charlotte and Murray
P.S. loved the chimney sweep idea.